Hey y'all. I'm Mychele
I’m a Pilates teacher and dance fitness instructor with over 10 years of experience teaching every fitness format imaginable. I created Get2Werk with the desire to provide fitness to the under-served areas of South Los Angeles. It has since evolved into the online space to meet the needs of Black and Latina women, or anyone who wants a safe and non-judgemental space to show up as themselves and feel like they are represented in the stereotypical fitness environment.
Beyond that, I believe that there is no such thing as the “right” body type and that everyone has a right to fitness, including YOU. When you take class with me, you can expect a fun and challenging workout that’s also joint friendly and includes every modification you could ever need, because fitness isn’t just about the sweat. It’s a non-negotiable form of self-care.
Certifications + Affiliations:
Over the years, I have participated in local and national fitness events representing fitness formats and brands such as Under Armour, Reebok and Nike Women. In 2018, I won the “Wow the Crowd” Dance Fitness Contest in Los Angeles, California. I’ve also worked with Los Angeles area boutique fitness facilities and national chains: Equinox, Bay Club, UFC Gym, 24 Hour Fitness and Gold’s Gym!
And if you want to know a little bit more about what inspires me...
- I was a professional dancer and making movement accessible to REAL people is “my jam!”
- Student/Client success: meeting people where they are on their fitness journey with modifications and ways to get them to that “A-HA” moment brings me joy.
- Authentic connection - Over my years of teaching, many of my “DAY ONE” folx are still in my fitness family for almost a decade.
I’m an empty nester now, but I started this journey to show my son and daughter that it’s never too late to live your dreams.
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE/AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- EQUINOX Pilates Institute - Classical Comprehensive Pilates Instructor
- Certified Yoga Instructor - 200 hr RYT
- TRX CORE (Gray Rank): STC, FTC, GTC, SMSTC, RTC, AGTC & TRX for Yoga
- NASM Specialties: Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Specialist (MMACS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), Behavior Change Specialist (BCS) and Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS)