Hey y’all. I’m Mychele
I’m a Pilates teacher and dance fitness instructor with over 10 years of experience teaching every fitness format imaginable. I created Get2Werk Fitness with the desire to provide fitness classes to under-served areas of South Los Angeles. My classes started as a space for Black and Latinx students then later evolved to serve more communities.
Certifications + Affiliations:
Over the years, I have participated in local and national fitness events representing fitness formats and brands such as Under Armour, Reebok and Nike Women. In 2018, I won the “Wow the Crowd” Dance Fitness Contest in Los Angeles, California. I’ve also worked with Los Angeles area boutique fitness facilities and national chains: Equinox, Bay Club, UFC Gym, 24 Hour Fitness and Gold’s Gym!
And if you want to know a little bit more about what inspires me…
- I was a professional dancer and making movement accessible to REAL people is “my jam!”
- Student/Client success: meeting people where they are on their fitness journey with modifications and ways to get them to that “A-HA” moment brings me joy.
- Authentic connection – Over my years of teaching, many of my “DAY ONE” folx are still in my fitness family for almost a decade.
I’m an empty nester now, but I started this journey to show my son and daughter that it’s never too late to live your dreams.
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE/AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- NCPT – Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher
- EQUINOX Pilates Institute – Classical Comprehensive Pilates
- Certified Yoga Instructor – 200 hr RYT
- TRX CORE (Gray Rank): STC, FTC, GTC, SMSTC, RTC, AGTC & TRX for Yoga
- NASM Specialties: Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Specialist (MMACS), Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), Behavior Change Specialist (BCS), Fitness Nutrition Specialist (FNS), Women’s Fitness Specialist (WFS), and Senior Fitness Specialist (SFS)